Protecting your data.
This Privacy notice sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with AppyHive Ltd. The Privacy notice applies to AppyHive Ltd. and any associated products and/or services therefore explains how and why AppyHive Ltd., as a data controller, collects, stores and uses personal data when you visit our websites, offering our services or use our products and/or services.
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Privacy notice.
AppyHive(tm) is a registered trade mark by Intellectual Property Office (IPO) in the United Kingdom. AppyHive Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales number 12136451. VAT Registration No. 413 523 922. AppyHive Ltd. and its digital products/services are GDPR compliant, registered with the Information Commissioner Office(ICO) under no. ZB518524. AppyHive Ltd. is a subsidiary of Studio Botez Ltd. a company registered in England and Wales No. 09767330. VAT Registration No. 410 4201 70. Studio Botez Ltd. and its digital products/services are GDPR compliant, registered with the Information Commissioner Office(ICO) under no. ZA291994. Our eCommerce and payment platform is PCI DSS compliant and monitored by Security Metrics™.
We believe in protecting your personal information shared with us
We are committed to complying with the following principles under the UK GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency and access controls in our Privacy Settings to help users take advantage of those rights.
- What personal information we collect about you;
- Who is collecting this personal information;
- How the information we collect about you is used;
- With whom might the information be shared;
- What choices we provide you with regarding the collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under the control of AppyHive Ltd.;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information;
- Your rights related to access, update, delete or correct your personal data, automatic decision making and profiling.
We will only store your data for as long as is necessary to comply with the requirements of your membership or terms of service agreement and any legal obligations or lawful processing conditions that may exist as a result.
- We collect and process personal information from you at various stages throughout our website, for reasons including answering your enquiries, ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to notify you about changes to our websites (including services and products), providing you with quotations, and carrying out our obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us. We also collect and process details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- At each stage, you will be able to see what information we ask from you, such as your name and contact details, and information relating to your specific enquiry. If you contact us other than via our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- The information we collect about you is used solely for the purposes for which it was provided. We will only use it for additional purposes (such as marketing) if we have received your prior consent to do so.
- The information you provide us with may be shared with employees throughout AppyHive Ltd. and its subsidiaries in order to deal with your enquiry or request. We will not share your information with any third parties other than when we are legally obliged to do so, such as for fraud prevention purposes.
- It is entirely up to you as to whether or not you choose to provide us with any personal information. If you choose not to, we simply may not be able to assist you. We will therefore let you know explaining the reasons.
- We will not sell your information to any third party, unless AppyHive Ltd. or its parent company Studio Botez Ltd is sold itself. Therefore we will notify you by email about the change of ownership so you can exercise your statutory rights in relationship with Data Protection Act 1988 and GDPR, where applicable.
- When you enter personal details on our website, you will be entering these details within a secure environment. In most web browsers, a padlock symbol appears at the bottom right, indicating when you are in a secure environment. Also, the 'http:' at the beginning of the website address changes to 'https:' with the 's' indicating that you are in a secure environment.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties: In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If AppyHive Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or, in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service (as defined in the separate Terms of Service) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AppyHive Ltd. (or any of its subsidiary products and/or services), our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, anti-money laundering and credit risk reduction.
How we protect your personal data
- We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including pseudonymisation, encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems.
- Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used our online services.
Where we store your personal data
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Our service platfrom is a PCI DSS compliant and a registered Data Controller with ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) registry number ZB518524 .
Your Rights - Giving you choice and control
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, which you may ask us to observe:
- Access your personal data - The right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you.
- Update your personal data - The right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Restrict the use of your personal data - The right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data.
- Object to the use of your personal data - The right to object to us processing your personal data where we no longer have a legitimate or legal need to process it.
- Object to direct marketing - The right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision making - The right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
- Port your personal data - The right to request a copy of your personal data in a machine readable format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service.
- Erase your personal data - The right to request that we delete your personal data.
Data security, Cookies and IP Addresses
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for administration, security and integrity of our systems.
- A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive which records how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit.
- For information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the Information Commissioner's Office website.
The information below indicates the cookies used within this site:
- Web Session (.LoungeSevenFive) - This cookie is essential for the website to function. It is a simple token to identify your unique session on the website and make possible all the back-end processes ran on our proprietary platform Lounge75. This is typically used to maintain the integrity of your session while transacting information with a website. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
Concerns or Queries
If you have any other concerns or queries, then we would be delighted to be able to help you. Simply contact us by one of the following options and we shall endeavour to resolve your query as swiftly and efficiently as possible:
- +44 (0)330 043 8075
Last updated: 15th March 2023